About the Position
Description of Work: A senior associate who has a strong commercial background, can work independently and who will be responsible for their own client portfolio, developing client relationships and building a team.
- 3/4 years post article experience in commercial law at a reputable firm.
- Good understanding of commercial and legal aspects of transactional work.
- Working experience in private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions and generally the legal aspects of corporate finance is essential. Drive to be market-leading attorney is these fields.
- Advanced computer knowledge with emphasis in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Ability to work within pressurized environment and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Quality of work: accuracy, attention to detail.
- Organisation: being meticulous in planning & prioritising work tasks.
- Problem solving: anticipating and identifying problems, pro-actively solving them.
- Leadership: managing, leading and building a team.
- Consistently excel in the three core deliverables for senior team members: meeting and exceeding their own budget; managing team members to do quality work and also their targets; grow the value of the firm by bringing in new clients.
- High level transactional drafting and deal management experence.
- Corporate finance transactions and specifically M&A work in mid-market environment; local and cross-border transactions
- Fund raising (debt/equity).
- Venture capital and private equity transactions – ability to negotiate and draft complex transactional documents without getting intimidated or overwhelmed.
- Corporate restructuring.
- Cross border transactions.
- Joint venture deals – and the related sale of shares, shareholders’ agreements, partnerships.
- Regulatory aspects with doing business across borders.
- International expansion.
- Ability to learn new areas of law and apply that to new jurisdictions.
- LLM in commercial law and business courses will be advantageous but not a requirement.
- Market related
- Commercial Law
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Drafting legal documents
- Staff management
- Cross border transactions
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Kindly send your motivation and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org