Description of Work:
A commercial law associate who can think independently and who will deliver bespoke start up legal services within a team environment.
- Completed articles at a reputable firm.
- At minimum 1 year’s post article experience in commercial law.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Companies Act and how that is applied to start up companies.
- The candidate must show specific inclination to work with start-up companies.
- A good understanding of legal issues facing start-up companies.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Good communication, reporting and interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work within pressurized team environment and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Advanced computer knowledge with emphasis in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Quality of work: accuracy, minimising level of review required by manager.
- Organisation: being meticulous in planning and prioritising work tasks.
- Problem solving: anticipating and identifying problems, pro-actively solving them.
- Ability to learn new areas of law
Market related – depending on skill level and experience (first year to third year post qualification)
The Candidate must have their own transport and mobile phone
Each candidate will need to motivate their application by answering the following questions:
- What is a start-up lawyer?
- What commercial, legal skills should a start-up lawyer have? Please explain how you have these skills.
- What is the unique value which a start-up lawyer should display to a client?
- What skills or qualities do start-up lawyer have that are unusual for lawyers generally?
- What should the primary goals or values of a start-up lawyer be? Motivate why you have this goal, personally.
- How should the success of a start-up lawyer be measured?
- What steps would you take to build the public profile of a start-up law practice?
- What attributes do you think start-up clients want to see in their start-up lawyer?
- What do you think is the purpose of having a start-up team in a commercial law firm?
Kindly send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org