- COMPLIANCE AND REGULATORY ATTORNEY
Description of Work: An experienced attorney in the Regulatory and Compliance fields with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the subject matters and who has matured to work independently with clients on compliance projects and provide opinions and advice on the interpretation of law.
- 3 – 5 years Regulatory and Compliance experience in the following fields:
- Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013,
- National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (as amended),
- Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008,
- Electronic Communications and Transaction Act 25 of 2002,
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act 37 of 2002 and Long Term and Short Term Insurance Acts.
- The candidate will be required to run compliance projects and / or provide legal services and advice on any queries relating to the above legislation.
- As such an in-depth knowledge and interpretation of the legislation will be required.
- The candidate should have the ability to work independently on matters, but will also be required from time to time to work in a team on bigger projects and manage more junior team members.
- Experience in managing client relationships and dealing with clients directly.
- Accept responsibility and be accountable.
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical thinking as a considerable percentage of time will be spent on opinion work.
- Advanced computer knowledge with emphasis in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within pressurized environment and adhere to tight deadlines
- Quality of work: accuracy, minimising level of review required by manager
- Organisation: being meticulous in planning & prioritising work tasks
- Problem solving: anticipating and identifying problems, pro-actively solving them.
- Client meetings and interface
- Work with in-house counsel on compliance projects
- Run and manage compliance projects independently
- Writing opinions and advice notes on the interpretation and application of the law to the client’s particular business operations
- Review agreements, terms, policies and other company documentation from a compliance point of view
- Presenting training courses (face to face training)
- Drafting and preparing training material
- Manage junior staff members of the team
Remuneration: Market related – depending on skill level and experience
Commencement: 1 October 2015 or as close as possible
Note: The Candidate must have their own transport.